2- Fresh boneless Salmon Fillets (non -farm raised) slice open in the middle so that it lays flat like a book
8- Ounces of lump crab meat
1- Pound of fresh jumbo shrimp
1- Cup crumbled seasoned croutons
2- Tablespoons of crumbled breadcrumbs
4- Minced Garlic Cloves, onion, peppers (I used red, yellow, and green)
1- Bag of Spinach
1- Pack of crumbled Feta cheese
1- Container of Ricotta cheese
Desired seasoning- (oregano, salt, pepper, season salt and topped with paprika, & lemon Juice) your choice of either dijon mustard, or mayo…Or neither
1. Preheat oven to 425 – Cook Time 25-30 min.
2. Sauté peppers, onion, garlic cloves, etc. until they are translucent. Add shrimp + crab meat cook lightly on both sides. Set aside. (You should cut your shrimp in chunks. It’s easier to stuff that way)
3. Crumble croutons and combine with breadcrumbs
4. Combine feta, ricotta cheese w/ salt & pepper. Stir until smooth.
-First, once the salmon is sliced and cleaned place on the center of a lightly greased (olive oil) pan then season with desired seasoning.
– In the center of the salmon establish the area you want to stuff then add 1 layer of spinach.
– Attempt to spread the cheese over the Spinach. This won’t be pretty but it’s cool do the best you can. Add a few pieces of spinach, all lightly cooked shrimp + crab, onions peppers, garlic…Add breadcrumbs + croutons combo
– Enclose stuffing with salmon flaps, spread either dijon mustard, or mayo NOT BOTH… Lightly across the outer area of the salmon, covering it with a THIN layer.
– In the Gap where the two flaps meet add another layer of cheese then spinach, top with lemon juice, salt, pepper, paprika and bake for 25-30 min.
– Once done, let stand for 5 min. The salmon should be lightly brown, do not overcook adjust oven temp accordingly.
Let us know how it turns out and if you do anything differently add your comments.